Saturday, June 6, 2009

Monday, Monday

As some of you know Landry and I start our full days of school Monday. She'll be going to Montessori school from 7 am until 2:30 in the afternoon. My school is from 8 am until 12:10. This past week she went to school 3 days for 3 1/2 hours. She wasn't ready to let go when being dropped off. It was very hard to leave her while she was still a little upset. Friday morning I hung around out of her sight to watch. She was fine in a minute's time! When we picked her up she was so happy. Brad was able to go with me as he was off work this past week.

I am hopeful that her having to be there an hour earlier won't make that huge of a difference. I think the biggest transition is going to be in her having her nap at school instead of in her bed, in her dark, quiet and cool room with her music going. I have been dreading next week for what seems like forever now. My concerns are not for myself but for Landry. I could be taking a graduate level nuclear science class and still not think about myself for a nano second. I have counted the weeks and her going full days is only for 9 weeks.

Landry always goes above and beyond what we think she'll do. Children are amazingly resilent. It's the parents that worry themselves silly. This is the moment where I will reflect on past times I was concerned about Landry and know that if she could she would tell me to stop being such a baby, gah mom!

1 comment:

The Gapens said...

I've been thinking about you & Landry today. I hope she has had a perfect day. Love you!