Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sneak peek at a work in progress

As some of you all know, I'm/we're in the proccess of changing Landry's room from a nursery to a little girl's room. I have had it in my mind to go with a soft, feminine, shabby chic girly look. Brad has been involved as much as he can with picking out shabby chic girly stuff (poor Brad, he's a trooper!). He finally told me he wanted a fun girly look (those were his exact words). Thank the Lord!!! I looked at over 500 different bedding sets/looks for little girls' rooms. I narrowed it down to fun girly or shabby chic girly. I just couldn't make the final decision. Now the ball is rolling and everything is starting to come together in a fun, shabby chic girly way!



Fun girly bedding.


We do have a safety rail. I took it off for the picture.



Landry's first dresser.


Stripping and sanding the "new" dresser.



Stripped and sanded...


Because of all of the paint the dresser was stripped twice, sanded and painted...





Viola! Landry's new dresser.



The hardware is probably my favorite part: clear glass knobs and pulls with silver middles.
I still have to make the window treatments and do some painting. I will post the final room when it's finished!



1 comment:

The Gapens said...

Love it! I think the bedding turned out precious and the dresser looks awesome.